Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Babies, babies everywhere!

Hey All,

So it seems that everywhere I look people are having babies.. not literally of course, cuz well that would be weird!

In my excitement for all of these new kiddos, I have been making Baby quilts & burp clothes. Last time I posted I was working on the "Eat. Play. Sleep. Repeat." Quilt. I finished it, and need to deliver it to its new owner, just as soon as I get over this cold that I have. Don't want to expose any sweet little babies to my cold.

Our lazy pup was modeling how to snuggle under the quilt! 
The next set of items is for a friend who has been part of my life for a long time. I am claiming her as my little sister (well one of them!) and so her new little baby will be my niece! YAY! :P She is due any day and lives in Texas so I better get a move on.. but here's a preview!

Fun bow tie pattern, made from the book "Quilting Happiness".

Burp Clothes & Swaddlers! 
Yes I made the quilt teal and brown and green. Yes she is having a girl. And Yes I think little girls can like teal and brown too! I made up for it by making the burp clothes and swaddlers in pink!

It has been a blast making baby things for these new & on the way babies! Despite having all of my babies home for the last few weeks (almost every day) I managed to squeeze in some sewing time to get these things done. 

I feel like I've been cranking things out but when I try to recall what I've been working on... well, Mommy Brain strikes again! When I remember I'll fill you all in on them! I know I've been doing something...

I haven't made it back to my "Aeroplane Bag" yet, but hopefully in the next week I'll be able to show you all a finished product. And just as soon as that is done I have BIG plans to make something for Gertrude. She has been such a trooper through all of these projects and I owe her! 



Sew until next time,
Happy Sewing!

Enjoli & (a very tired) Gertrude

P.S:
Just thought I'd share a bit of cuteness from my last trip to the store:


Apparently Avalyn really likes the Minkee because she was snuggling up to it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment