Sunday, November 16, 2014

Long week... new projects!

I don't know about you all, but last week was a long one for me.

I felt like the days went dragging by.. I had a few new projects in mind (of course, because I have like 100 UFO's waiting for me!) that I wanted to start on, but never enough spare moments to start them. 

At least that's how I felt by Monday night.. ehhh. You know you're in for a long week when you feel like that on Monday night! SO, I decided that I needed a little sewing therapy. On Tuesday night when my hubby got home for work, I was anxiously waiting by the door with my bag of sewing supplies, ready to head to the shop for my sisters "Spiced Chai" class. Momma needed a night off!

As most of you have probably heard by now... I am getting a NEWPHEW! YAY I am beyond excited. So in celebration of him, I themed my Spiced Chai for him! Here is where I'm at ... I only got through cutting the first night.. but it's a start!


I have been saving those glasses and mustaches for a special project, I think they're just so stinkin' cute! Hubby has a basketball game this week on class night, so I don't get to go, but, by some miracle of the stars aligning this week.. I have Wednesday & Thursday with kid-free time, so I plan on getting a big chunk of this quilt together! 

(Not to mention a few other awesome projects that you'll have to stay tuned for!) 

My other "must-do-now-before-I-have-a-conniption" project, was a new wallet made out of some cotton+steel fabric I have been hoarding! :P  This beauty is almost done, due to the mercy of my husband on Friday night! 


Loving those arrows!

I feel like it looks like a hungry monster... see how empty it is.. that's because I spend all my money on fabric! 

As you can see, all I have left to do is sew up the binding.. which.. yes.. I do..by hand! It really is the easiest way. If you know me, you know that I avoid hand sewing AT ALL COSTS! But, this project really requires you to get down and dirty with your needle and thread and sew by hand.

So, after Monday being a bit rough, my week recovered and I got a bit of sewing in... cross your fingers that this week will be a bit smoother, with a bit more sewing!

Happy Sewing,
Enjoli (and Gertrude)

No comments:

Post a Comment