Sunday, July 19, 2015

Back from Bernina University

Hey All,

WHEW! I am back from BU, and finally getting settled back into my "regular" routine. That being said, I was home for a day and my hubby took off to hang out with his college roommates for a few days, so, he gets home on Tuesday, and Yes, I've been counting down the days! :P

I always leave Bernina University inspired! Not just to spend more time with Gertrude and her siblings, but with new project ideas, new class ideas and a crazy desire to sell off my children and buy more sewing machines!

This year, however, with the newest Bernina baby being released, the Q24 Longarm machine, I have been seriously considering finding a way to convince my hubby to convert the garage to a quilting studio! And with the new wonderful toys they just released to go with the Q24, I'm in deep...deep, deep deep! The last time I was this head over heels, I ended up married with three children! :P

Ok, in all seriousness though, we saw so many wonderful new things and got SO many new ideas from the vendors and other dealers at BU this year! PLUS, had lots of fun!

I got pics for you guys!


I think some of you might remember this gal?! :P Sara started a New Bernina dealership in the town she moved to in Oregon!


Okay, it wasn't all work, we did do some relaxing! (Don't tell my hubby!)

And now.. for the wonders of Bernina!

This is a wall made of Isacord thread spools!

NEW Bernina 530 Special Edition - look like it's been quilted!


The newest Bernina 350 "Best Friend" Special Edition, has a great cause behind it. Bernina has teamed up with the Petfinder Foundation to bring us this ADORABLE machine, that those of us pet lovers can really get on board with! 


Okay, you guys know me.. whenever I can get my hands on a good FMQ book, I DO! I got this gem for FREE at her book signing (plus it's signed)... and then I got to do a SUPER fun class with her! Her being Amanda Murphy, who is an awesome quilter and a very nice, wonderful person!

Cody (our friend from LA), Sara, Ang & me!
You guys, I did not want to leave this class.. the Q24 needed me.. she wanted to come home with me.. alas there was not enough room in my suitcase! 


Closing ceremony, the very last day! Always fun and kind of bittersweet! Some of our friends we only see once a year at this event, so it is hard to leave! 

I am hoping that as long as life doesn't get too crazy (Ha, who am I kidding.. I have three kids!) I'll be able to bond with Big Bertha (the shop Q24) some more in the coming months! Here's hoping!

Happy Sewing,
Enjoli (and Gertrude)


No comments:

Post a Comment