Monday, December 16, 2013

Dearest Gertrude, my new B780

I'm getting a new sewing machine, and not just ANY machine, a Bernina 780! I do have two other Bernina machines, but she is going to be SPECTACULAR! 

This is not Gert in the flesh, just a look-alike! 

Do you have ANY idea how EXCITED I am? So excited that I made it official already with an adoption certificate!


Not to worry, for those of you who don't understand the AMAZINGNESS of this event, I'll tell you…  

This machine is not for wussies! She is HUGE and has ATTITUDE! Thus the name I will give her: Gertrude.

So, what can Gertie do that makes her so special?

Well, she can..
- sew 1000 stitches per minute
- cut thread automatically (can't tell you how excited I am about that!)
- has the amazing new B9 Hook (more on this later, I promise, just trust me that it's awesome)
- comes equipped with Dual Feed (a.k.a built in walking foot!)
- HUGE embroidery capabilities (No words to describe this awesomeness!) 
- hover function (OMG!!!)
- 360 degree sewing (Heck Yes!) 
- endless embroidery (yep, doing that!) 

Needless to say, Gert and I will be fast friends! I've been spending a lot of time over at Bernina.com to pass the time while I wait for Gert to arrive. I have so many things planned for her. Oh the adventures we will have. 

I hope you'll come back and follow along with Gert and I as we embark on our creative adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment