Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome Home Gertrude!

The anticipation is FINALLY over.. Gertrude has ARRIVED!

It has taken every ounce of self control that I have to not forget that I have children (human ones that is) and just play with Gertrude!

Though I do have to say..My oldest told me, "I love my new sister!", last night when we took Gertie out of her box!

Gotta give her a Kiss!

Ascher couldn't miss out on the fun either!

I told myself that I'd wait until the kids were all in bed to get Gert out, but hubby could tell the suspense was killing me, so he cooked dinner while Alia and I unpacked her! She is currently living on our dining room table since I don't have a big enough table for her yet! (Not to worry, its on the to-buy list for this weekend!)

Once the last kiddo was FINALLY in bed, I spent some quality time with Gertrude.





We bonded over a late night hot cocoa and of course, took our first "selfie"! 

I'm so excited that she is finally home, I've already put her to work on some new curtains for my oldest daughters room! She has decided that anything Mickey Mouse is the best thing ever now, so we're transitioning her room from Cat In the Hat to Mickey Mouse! New curtains are the first step, then a coordinating bed quilt. I'll be sure to share once they're done and up! 

I am off for more Adventures with Gertrude! I can tell already that we're going to have a great time together! 

See you later,
Enjoli & Gertrude!!



No comments:

Post a Comment