Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hoppy Floppy Bunny

It's almost Easter! At our house that means Bunnies, baskets and ridiculous amounts of that easter grass that you find all over the house for weeks to follow!

This year, since the Twins are old enough for Easter Baskets, I decided that I should put my creative mom skills to work and make the Bunnies & the Baskets. Actually, I'm going to go ahead and blame the whole "make the bunnies" thing on my girlfriend who showed me this bunny pattern!

So, here is this super easy, very cute pattern called Sweet Floppy Bunny. You can find the pattern and template over at The Sewing Loft.

 

I feel like I am making an army of them.. one for each of the girls..and one for me of course! I spent about an hour the other night doing the embroidery on their faces. I used a Frixion pen to draw their faces on and then did a simple back stitch by hand to complete them. I used French knots to secure the tail to the body!

Is it creepy just looking at floating faces?!

Legs & Arms

I have bodies and body parts everywhere! 


I have to say, this really is a fun pattern. It is quick to cut and even faster to sew! Once you've got your bunny all together, you just turn him and stuff him and Ta-Da, you have yourself a cute Easter Bunny! 

I'd better get back to it, have to finish up these three and get started on the baskets. 
Check back next week to see the baskets (also a very quick project)!

Happy Sewing,

Enjoli & Gertrude!








No comments:

Post a Comment