Friday, May 9, 2014

Headed to Spring Quilt Market

We're headed to Spring Quilt Market!
 (well just me, Mom and sis, not Gert.. poor girl doesn't fly well!) 

It seems that right before every work trip I get this "great idea" to make myself a new travel bag! And every year I'm rushing the week before the trip to get it done in time! (This year is no different!) 

So, this year, in preparation for Spring Quilt Market I am making a Mini Professional Tote. Actually, I'm totally blaming this one on my sister.. she got me started on wanting to make this bag!

I have had this great fox fabric for awhile now just waiting for the right project. 


I couldn't bear to use the other two fabrics somewhere you couldn't see them so the bow ties are side pockets and I'm just going to have to find something else to do with the glasses. Maybe a new wallet?!


I got most of my cutting done while the Twins were napping. Once they wake up though all bets are off and I have to move my pieces up to our bar so they can't reach them! This was my progress yesterday afternoon and last night I got my interfacing cut and fused! I'm ready to start sewing! 

Since this weekend is Mothers Day, my hubby has graciously taken Friday off of work to be with the kiddos so I can go sew this bag up at my sisters house! Gotta get my sister time in, plus, she is going to make sure I don't screw anything up! :) 

So, we leave for Market next Wednesday which means I had better be done with it by then! Hopefully I'll post a picture of me using it at Market next week! 

Hope you all have a great week and a Happy Mothers Day! 
Be sure to stop by the blog next week for Market updates!

Happy Sewing,
Enjoli (and Gertrude)


No comments:

Post a Comment