Friday, May 2, 2014

Night Sky Sew-Along

Hey All,

So since Gertrude and I have been on a Jaybird Quilt binge we figured that you all should join us! Last week I showed you my huge pile of Jaybird projects "to-do" which included a pattern called "Night Sky". I have been itching to buy Vanessa Christensens new line "Color Me Happy" by Moda, which we have in the shop now, so I figured why not create my Night Sky with those. At the very least it gave me an excuse to buy the fabric (not that I usually need one)!

So, here is what you need to "Sew-Along":

- Night Sky Pattern + Fabric for whichever size you want to do
- Sidekick Ruler (you will be cutting diamonds and half triangles)
- Small Rotary Mat & Cutter

And last... speedy cutting skills because next week we'll start sewing blocks together! :P

Here is a peak at mine:


I am using the dark charcoal for my background. I have pink, gray, teal and blue for my colors (you need four color families for Lap size and up). I am doing the lap size version of the quilt.

You can see I have mine bagged. I do this so that I don't lose any pieces and everything stays together nice and neat. The cutting is actually pretty fast once you have your first set of strips cut. If you have a TV show to catch up on, that is a great way to pass the cutting time! 

I hope you will join us for this fun sew-along! And don't be afraid of the weird shapes, Julie (Jaybird creator) makes sewing everything together very easy! 

Happy Cutting,
Enjoli & Gertrude


 OH I almost forgot.. I promised you a preview of the Park Bench Blocks!


Do you like my "design wall"?! :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment