Sunday, October 5, 2014

Baby Projects.. the Beginning!

So as it turns out my sister and my sister-in-law are both pregnant right now, due within a month of each other! In my opinion this is AWESOME! I get to have two sweet little babies to snuggle at the same time! Since my babies aren't really babies anymore, I have to get my baby fix somewhere!

This means that I had better start cracking on baby stuff! I love making baby stuff, and now I have two SUPER reasons to make all those adorable blankets, burp clothes and bibs!

This past weekend I was at a Women's Retreat with our church and had the perfect opportunity to try a new baby project! One of the gals was teaching the self-binding receiving blanket, which if you can believe it, I had never made before!

We actually used a great tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Company for our "pattern".
(Found here: http://quiltingtutorials.com/basic-skills-techniques/binding-baby-quilt-receiving-blanket/)

This is a great beginner project, that is very easy to cut and even easier to sew! You could probably just watch the tutorial once and have it down!

This is your chance to use that super cute flannel you've been saving for the perfect project. You use one each of a 30" & 40" square. The way you sew them together gives you beautiful mitered corners! You top stitch the opening closed so you don't have to do any of that pesky "hand sewing"!

Here is the cute one that I made for a new little baby girl at our church! Can't wait to see pics of her wrapped up in it!


This is also a great opportunity to play with those cute decorative stitches on your sewing machine! 

(And yes, this is a hotel bed.. I definitely set up my sewing machine and mini iron in my hotel room!)

This is a must-do project, especially because of all the ridiculously cute flannel out there that is just begging to be used for like a million of these blankets!

Happy Sewing,
Enjoli (And Gertrude) 

No comments:

Post a Comment