Sunday, February 22, 2015

More Bags & Scarves

Remember how last week I was talking about finishing up all my UFO's?! 

Well, I discovered the reason why I cannot seem to get any of them done.... I start new projects! :) Why do I do this? 

There is always a good reason.. new fabric.. new pattern..because I MUST! I get so excited about new things so I just jump right in with both feet! I really need to learn to control myself! ;P 

Last week I discovered that Noodle-head had a new pattern: The Caravan Tote (I LOVE her patterns, she has great instructions and photos). AND we got the new Cotton & Steel line in at the shop, "Mochi" (in canvas, cotton and double gauze) SO I had to buy some of it! 

The tote was definitely justification for buying the fabric! 


How cute is that Tote? I recently discovered a local shop called "Black Elk Leather" where I found the leather for the handles! (I've been sending people there for years, hearing that its a fun place, but finally went in myself.. eeek, almost as bad as our shop!) 

I snagged some of that green arrow fabric and some "mochi' fabrics (the lining) on Wednesday and started cutting.. it is a fairly straight forward bag to put together, even the leather handles weren't as labor intensive as I thought they'd be! 

Now I have a cute, and functional tote for those quick trips around town (without the kids)!

And because I couldn't help myself I also bought some of the Cotton & Steel Double Gauze.. 
OH MY MY MY!

Guess what I made...?! 


I know you're ALL shocked that I made scarves! The weight of the fabric is SO perfect for our early spring! Plus, I used a FREE Pinterest tutorial to whip these up in 10 minutes! YES 10 minutes you guys! (Ok 20 minutes for both.. but still!)

Now the hard part will be choosing which one to wear! 

Come by the shop and see all of the beautiful NEW fabric, get some of the gauze and make some scarves because SERIOUSLY.. it does not get any easier than this!


Happy Sewing,

Enjoli (and Gertrude)

No comments:

Post a Comment