Sunday, March 1, 2015

Busy week.. very little sewing!

It has been a busy week around the Strait household. We had activities every evening this past week, and our weekend was booked solid. Sadly, that left very little time for me to get any sewing done. 


Things I did accomplish this week ... 

1. Taught the last session of my Free Motion Quilting Class (sad, miss you ladies already!)
2. Toured a potential school for Ms. Alia - Kindergarten in the Fall! (yikes, how time flies)
3. Worked at the shop (aka: played in the fabric with my sister!) on Wednesday night!
4. Taught Modern Building Block class at the shop.. AND finished Block 3 (which I forgot to take a picture of!) 

Hubby was gone all weekend at a Retreat so it was a GIRLS weekend at the house! I have wonderful in-laws that watched the girls so I could teach on Saturday. 

The sewing related item of the weekend though, was I got to finally cut out my "Olympia" quilt, which is the pattern from the February "Strip Club" at the shop! I bought the beautiful roll up of Carolyn Friedlanders "Doe" line and have been searching for the right project!


Remember these beauties?!

Late night cutting! (it's water, I promise!) 
First Block "Test" layout!

Remember how I said I wasn't going to start any "New" projects, well just to keep the record straight, this isn't "New", it's just been "in waiting" mode! :) I can't wait to start sewing it, but before I get to excited, I MUST finish a few baby related items because ...

I BECAME AN AUNTIE TODAY!!! YAY! My brother-in-law and his wife had their little girl today, and I AM SO EXCITED!! And my sisters little boy is due any day now! Officially on the 18th, but some of us just can't hardly wait to meet him, so we'll see, maybe he'll grace us with his presence sooner!

I hope you all had a relaxing and sewing filled weekend! Post some photos of what you're working on in the comments.. I'd love to see what you're working on! I "promise" it won't make me want to start anything new! :P 

Happy Sewing,
Enjoli (and Gertrude) 

No comments:

Post a Comment