Sunday, March 8, 2015

Can Tuesday be Friday?!


By Tuesday last week, I was ready for the weekend. It seems that when things go wrong, multiple things must go wrong at the same time. 
So, here is what went wrong at the Strait household last Tuesday:

1. Avalyn (the "younger" twin) threw up 3 times, once on the way to the doctor to figure out what was wrong. She has reflux, and is now on an 8 week medication that she hates to take, and knows when we spike her food with it!

2. Ascher (the other twin) decided that while I was on the phone with the pediatrician (about her sister) was the appropriate time to throw her cup at our TV, which is now broken!

3. Our water heater went out..

4. Alia, our oldest decides to capitalize on the chaos, forget how to use the bathroom and have "accidents" and attitude all day!

WHEW! By Tuesday night I wanted to run away from home! :P Lucky for me (and my kids) my parents are incredible. My dad picked up Ms. Alia from school and watched her and Ascher, while I took Avalyn to the Doc. My dad got Avalyn to sleep when we came home and both Mom and Dad were pretty much around for moral and hands on support all afternoon! 

You can imagine that I was looking forward to the weekend A LOT at the end of that day. My weekend proved much more pleasant with quite a bit of progress on a few different projects!

Friday was my Moda Modern Building Blocks Class:




My students finished up Block 3 and I was able to cut and sew up Blocks 4 & 5 to give them a preview of what is to come! From here on out, we should make great strides on our progress since the blocks are about half the size of the first few!

The same day, I stayed to work on my Feathered Star block, which was a class my sister was teaching! AND I finished my block! YAY! I LOVE how it turned out. I love it so much that I plan to make a few more out of my other fabrics from the line. It is the "Doe" line from Carolyn Friedlander (we have the FQ packs at the shop) and gives more than enough choices for color variation!



So, all in all, my week turned around..

We got a FREE TV from my parents, who just upgraded theirs, we got a good deal on a new water heater and our kids remembered that they like living in a warm house and turned back into nice little people! 

That being said.. This week is the beginning of potty training the twins.. I will be at home with naked people all week, most likely cleaning up lots of messes and doing lots of laundry.. 

Feel free to send good vibes my way this week.. maybe they'll pick it up quickly...

Or maybe I WILL be crazy by the end of the week! 

Happy Sewing,
Enjoli (and Gertrude)







No comments:

Post a Comment