Sunday, March 15, 2015

it's Potty Training Week

Well, Gertrude got a nice quiet week off.. though I'm pretty sure she is anxious for a bit more quality sewing time (as am I)!

Soon I keep telling myself..soon! They all have to go to school eventually right?!

Alas, this week I decided to Potty Train the Twins! (insert scared faces here) Alia was on Spring Break this week, so we didn't have to leave the house at all.. AND WE DIDN'T!

(I am in need of some serious Adult Human contact!)

I will spare you all of the gross details that only a Mother would get excited over! And let me tell you, we had some exciting moments BUT the girls did really well! We had LOTS of success, and a few accidents.. I have never said pee pee, poopy or potty so many times in my life! And calling it Poopy does NOT make it cuter!

The calm before the storm - the night before the big day!

Happy little potty girls! 

The girls are very proud of themselves when their little potty sings.. they even announce for each other, "Ascher pee pee, Atti pee pee" (They both call Avalyn, Atti?! I have no idea?!)

As you can see, the peak excitement of my week was getting excited over bowel movements being made in the correct places! :P

Anyone grossed out yet?! Okay, enough talk about pee-pee!

The ONE thing I managed to work on this week was a baby quilt project for a friend (third person in my life having a baby this month!) made with teal, gray and a little pink!


So, I wasn't super sure about the pink while I was putting it up on the design wall last week, but what do you guys think?! I kinda of like it now.. I have two other teal fabrics picked out for the more solid looking pink.. I may have to reconsider though.. 

Leave me a comment with your vote.. like the pink or add another teal?! 

I am hoping to get back to it this week, as I am pretty sure she will be having the baby any day now and I have to finish it and mail it! :P 

Also, if you LOVE how cute this pattern is.. you can find it here: 


I hope you all had a less "poopy" week than Gertrude and I! Hopefully next week will allow a little more sewing time! 

Happy Sewing, 

Enjoli (and Gertrude) 

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice, but hard to tell if the dots and what looks like a solid are both pinks. If so, maybe leave the dots and put a lighter pink or another more solid teal in the other's place?

    ReplyDelete