Sunday, June 1, 2014

Jealous Gertrude

So I spent about half of May traveling. The second week of May was spent in Pittsburgh at Quilt Market (which was awesome) and the last week 
was spent in Denver training on the new Bernina E16 (which was awesome-er!). 

So, Sis and I got to Denver at 10:30 am on Tuesday morning (on a red eye from Anchorage.. ehh). Since we had the day and were hopped up on coffee we decided that we should check out the Denver Zoo, which was AMAZING! We saw so many animals, Zebra, Giraffes (real ones), Lions, Hyenas, tons of different types of Birds & Monkeys and even a Rhinoceros! 

Of course, in my excitement I forgot to take pictures.. this was the only one I got! 


Needless to say, our first day in Denver was busy and fun!

But the training was definitely the best part! For anyone who likes embroidery, the E16 will blow you away! In all honesty, I've never really seen a multi-needle machine up close, but Bernina has really outdone themselves with this one!


So this is our beauty! We were trying to figure out what to name her..if you have any ideas let us know!


This is the user interface for the machine. You can put in all your thread colors. The list of thread choices is endless! It will color in the design as you go. None of this is "new" for embroidery, but the fact that you can see it really BIG is cool! That and you can add effects to your design all in the program! 

I think my favorite part of the machine though was the hat attachment! OH MAN!! SO COOL!
I really wanted to steal the hat, but there were so many witnesses!





Seriously, how cool is that?! 

I asked my hubby which of the kids I had to get rid of so I could get an E16. 
He said: Gertrude.  :( 

Looks like I won't be getting one just yet..though I'm holding out for Bernina's Long arm machine! :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment