Sunday, August 24, 2014

A little sewing time..

This weekend I finally got some good 'ol quality time with Gertrude! It seems like it has been forever! I've been squeezing in a few moments here and there, but just to prep for the classes I'm teaching at the store. Even though I have been working on finishing up my Jaybird Mini quilt from the first class, it was so nice to be sitting with Gertrude and enjoying the bright lights and warm iron of my sewing room!


Jaybird Mini Quilt - Mini Disco (so close to being done!)

I even spent a few minutes whipping up a fabric coaster to keep on my sewing table. I always bring up a glass of water (along with my coffee) when I sew, and it bugs me to no end to have water rings on my sewing table! I figured I'd grumbled about it (to myself) long enough and just made one!

I made it out of flannel so that it would soak up the water and not bead off!


Yay, no more water rings!

We've been getting some fun new goodies at the shop and so of course I had to do some shopping. I picked up these goodies this weekend! 

The book is : Beyond Neutrals by John Adams. I'm scheming a baby quilt! 
Shape by Shape is FINALLY here!  And of course gotta have the Moda Mochi Dots FQ bundle.
They are beautiful linen polka dots! 

In other exciting news, Gertrude and I will be packing up next week to head to Valdez for the Valdez Quilt Festival! I am super excited that I get to bring Gertrude! We will be working on some fun, new projects while we're in Valdez. If you are going, stop by the Seams Like Home booth, which I will be running with my sister!

Come by, say "Hi" and take a photo with Gertrude! I'll make sure she has her best smile ready!

Happy Sewing,
Enjoli (and Gertrude) 

1 comment:

  1. See you in Valdez! Shareen Bock and I will be going on Tuesday!! Wanda Rasmussen

    ReplyDelete