Sunday, August 31, 2014

And we're off to Valdez!

Whew! Let me just sit down for a minute, before I tell you about our amazingly crazy whirl-wind weekend.

......

......

......

Okay, so it seems that before every work trip I try to cram in as many things as (not) humanly possible. So, here is a snap shot of my weekend.

Friday: 

Gym, grocery store, errand to drop things off to the husband (all of which were done kid-free thanks to the mercy of my mother!), then out to run more errands, during which Ascher fell asleep, and then was very grouchy upon waking up once we got home.

The middle of the day wasn't too bad.. the kids and I played, we even had some quiet reading time (aka mommy is asleep on the floor while the kids play on/around her) in the twins' room.

Hubby and I went to a work bbq (his work, not mine) while my Mom came back over to wrangle the kiddos! She is so wonderful! (Love you Mom!)

Saturday:

OH BOY! We decided to brave the Alaska State Fair (with ALL the kids). I was a little worried..okay a lot worried about how everyone was going to behave. We had a great day though, and only a few minor melt downs. The nice thing is that at the Fair there are kids having meltdowns on every aisle so ours weren't the only ones!

Ms. Alia and I even got to ride the Ferris Wheel, which has become a bit of a tradition for us! She was so excited and even stood in the loooong line mostly patiently to ride!

Ms. Alia was excited to be "so high up!"
We spent pretty much all day at the fair, but of course in true Enjoli fashion, I had cut out a new bag on Thursday night, which I had to finish by Sunday morning, because Gertrude needed to be packed up and ready to go!

So, Saturday night after the kids were all in bed, what did I do?! I started sewing.. into the wee hours of the night! BUT ...

Sunday:

I got up and finished my new Mini Professional Tote! I have been trying to find the perfect project to make with that Echino fabric and I think I found it! I was inspired by my sisters' class of students this past week. They all finished beautiful bags!



And, of course once I was done sewing, Gertrude gathered up her belongings and waited patiently for me to load her up (in her box, of course) for the ride to Valdez!  

We will be in Valdez through next Monday, so make sure you stop by the blog next week to see what we've been up to! We are going to have a blast, and have some awesome projects we'll be featuring there! 

Happy Sewing,
Enjoli (and Gertrude) 


No comments:

Post a Comment